PRIVACY NOTICE FOR
CALIFORNIA EMPLOYEES AND INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS
Personal Information We Collect
We may collect the following types of personal information:
· Identifiers, such as your name, email address, physical address, telephone number, business contact information, and device identifiers;
· Records about you, such as financial information (including financial account number used for payroll), background check information (where permitted or required by law), and your physical characteristics or a description of you;
· Protected class and demographic information, such as age (including birthdates), gender and veteran or military status;
· Commercial information, such as records of business transactions, salary and wage information, and payroll and benefits data;
· Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as information relating to your use of or interactions with our networks, systems, devices, email, applications, and platforms, including your browsing history, search history, and other interactions;
· Non-precise geolocation data, such as your location as derived from your IP address;
· Audio, visual, or other sensory information, such as photographs, security camera footage in the public areas of our facilities, and recordings of calls and video conferences;
· Professional or employment-related information, such as job title, organization, professional licenses, credentials, specialty, professional affiliations, professional experience, references, performance and other evaluation information, disciplinary information, resumes, interview notes, human resource records, payroll or other professional information;
· Physical security and biometric information, including badge identifiers to enter the building and access certain parts of the premises and health checks, as may be recommended by public health authorities;
· Education information;
· Inferences drawn from any of the information we collect about your preferences and behavior; and
· Sensitive Personal Information, such as social security number, driver’s license number, or passport number; account log-in information; racial or ethnic origin (if you voluntarily provide it); content of mail, email, and text messages where we are not the intended recipient (such as messages that we monitor for compliance and security purposes); political contribution information (as required for our compliance with applicable law); information about your health; medical or health insurance information, including insurance policy number (and information about your beneficiaries); and information relating to sexual orientation, if you voluntarily provide it.
Sources of Personal Information
We collect personal information about you through job applications and the recruitment process, either directly from you, or from our employees, agents or third parties (e.g., employment agencies, background check agencies, credit reference agencies).
We also collect personal information automatically when you use our technology infrastructure, and through other interactions with us and our service provider prior to, during, or after your engagement with us (such as if you register for benefits for you and your family members).
Use of Your Personal Information.
We use your personal information as otherwise described in this Privacy Notice and as follows:
· In connection with an employment or contractor application, such as assessing your application, interview, and test results for suitability for positions or projects; communicating with you concerning position openings or your application; conducting pre-engagement veriﬁcation and screening; oﬀering you the position, in our discretion; notifying you of engagement opportunities (including from our affiliates); and dealing with any inquiry, challenge, or request for feedback received in relation to our recruitment and engagement decisions;
· For human resources management, such as administering payroll and beneﬁts (including leaves of absence and government-related programs); logistics; planning and managing travel and other reimbursable expenses; development and training; absence monitoring; timekeeping; performance appraisals; disciplinary and grievance processes; administration of termination of employment or engagement; assessing qualiﬁcations and eligibility for a particular role or project; equal employment opportunity monitoring; background checks and reference checks; and compliance programs;
· For our internal business purposes, such as managing operations and workforce engagement; enforcing our policies and rules; managing our business assets (including with respect to oﬃce locations and emergency planning); maintaining records of our operations; IT administration of our technologies, network, and intranet; analyzing and managing meeting or conferencing information (including, but not limited to, recording content, which may include your voice and/or images); and providing insights into interactions with people you network with;
· For our internal research and business improvement purposes;
· For legal, safety or security reasons, such as complying with legal, reporting, and similar requirements; investigating and responding to claims against us, our affiliates, personnel, and customers; for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; protecting personnel safety (including managing spread of communicable diseases), property or rights; detecting, preventing, and responding to security incidents; and protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity;
· In connection with a corporate transaction, such as if we acquire, some or all of our assets are acquired by another entity; and
· For marketing or promotional purposes, including externally promoting our business. For example, we may publicly disclose the names and work contact information of certain of our representatives or post pictures of current or past personnel who attend our events.
We only process information about criminal convictions if legally required or permitted to do so, which includes, but is not limited to, the performance of any applicable background checks. We may use anonymized, de-identiﬁed, or aggregated information for any purpose permitted by law.
If you fail to provide certain personal information when requested, we may not be able to provide essential benefits to you (such as paying you or providing other employee benefits) or we may be prevented from complying with our legal obligations (such as to ensure the health and safety of our workers).
Information We Disclose
We do not sell or share your personal information for cross-context behavioral advertising. We may disclose your personal information described above as permitted by law or for the purposes otherwise described in this Privacy Notice to the following types of parties: aﬃliates and subsidiaries; service providers that administer our benefits, compensation processes and physical and technical security; professional consultants to our business (such as lawyers, brokers and accountants); vendors necessary to complete transactions you request; law enforcement, government agencies, and other recipients for legal, security, and safety purposes; other entities in connection with a corporate transaction; and any party to which you have consented to the disclosure of your personal information.
Personal Information Retention
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, as required to satisfy any legal, accounting, or reporting obligations, or as necessary to resolve disputes. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider applicable legal requirements, the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information, and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means. We specify the retention periods for our records, including your personal information, in our policies and procedures.
We welcome any questions about our privacy practices and this notice. If you have any concerns as to how your data is processed, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 888-861-5301 and ask for Rachel Hermens.